We’ve put together a list of ways to fix Xbox Game Pass error codes so you can keep playing some of the best games in the library.
Xbox Game Pass is a fantastic service that gives you access to hundreds of games for a set price. Though the gamer-friendly subscription service’s desktop app is frequently plagued by errors. We’ve put together a list of possible solutions to these problems. Because there are a variety of errors and issues, the methods listed below may or may not be applicable to your situation.
Here’s what you can do when to solve some common problems:
1- Change the startup preference of the Xbox Services
- Open Windows Search Bar and type Services. You can also use Run (WIN + R) and type services.msc.
- After accessing the window, find the following applications:
- Right-click on these applications and hit Properties.
- In this section, look for Startup type and change it to Automatic. Do not forget to change the startup type for all of the services above.
2- Reinstall Gaming Services
Gaming Services app can be the source of one of the most frustrating errors that occur in the Xbox desktop app. As it works together with the desktop application, you need to make a complete reinstall to ensure that it is working properly.
- Open Registry Editor via Windows Search Bar by typing regedit. You can also hit the shortcut keys WIN + R to open Run and type regedit.
- After you open the editor, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services
- Find and remove GamingServices and GamingServices.net files.
- Now that you completely removed Gaming Services and its related folders, head to Microsoft Store to reinstall it again.
- Download the app from this link.
3- Reinstall or repair the Xbox app.
Regardless of the error, the good old “remove and reinstall” method might prove useful.
You can also try repairing the application instead of fully removing it.
- Go to Apps and Features section from Windows settings.
- Find Xbox app and click on Advanced Options.
- Hit Repair.
4- Reset your modem and make sure your internet connection is stable.
Connection issues prevent apps from accessing their servers as well. To ensure that you are connected to the internet, reset your router and check your cables.
5- Check for new updates for Windows 10.
The lack of updates in your system might result in problems in Xbox app as well. So always keep your Windows 10 up to date by downloading new packages from Windows Update.
- Open the Start Menu and type Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates button and wait for your OS to detect available updates.
These are some of the steps you can take to resolve issues you’re having with the app. Microsoft releases new updates for the desktop application on a regular basis. You can also send a troubleshoot to the support website, including your error code.